makes it easy to:
- Migrate SQL workloads from SQL Server to Azure VMs;
- modernize existing applications using SQL Azure Managed Instance;
- provide support for modern cloud applications using Azure SQL Database;
- to use the already existing skills of working with SQL in the cloud with the same SQL Server core;
- Get the ability to run your apps on edge gateways and IoT devices with SQL Azure for Edge Computing.
- Continue to get the most out of your investment in your current licenses.
- Run Azure SQL in on-premises and multi-cloud environments Azure Arc-enabled data services.
- Learn how to save time and money when migrating.
Full controllability and always up to date
Do more innovation than patching, updating and backing up databases.
Azure is the only cloud with always-on SQL that automatically applies the latest updates and patches to keep your databases up-to-date and avoid end of support issues.
Leverage your existing SQL skills in the cloud
SQL Azure is built on the SQL Server technology you already know.
Therefore, when you implement it, you do not have to re-learn SQL. You can develop an application once using your existing SQL skills and deploy it to any Azure SQL cloud database on the Azure platform.
In addition, Azure is the only cloud with a consistent SQL code base that spans both the edge, and the cloud.
- Enable change control cryptographic validation for centralized data stores from the database using the SQL Database registry.
No data transfer or application changes are required.
- Eliminate potential threats in real time with intelligent threat defenses and proactive vulnerability assessment alerts.
- Get the industry’s best multi-layered security with built-in security controls, including network security, encryption, access control, and key controls.
- Take advantage of the most comprehensive set of compliance offerings of any cloud database service available.
- Continuous protection and detailed insights with the Azure Security Center.